The next application cycle will begin in
The KIETS Climate Leaders Program network of Scholars will be comprised of committed, emerging, innovative leaders focused on finding solutions to mitigating or reversing the negative effects of climate change.
Candidates for the 2022 cohort must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students at NC State who will not graduate prior to Spring 2023. We are seeking Scholars that have a record of strong academic performance, and a willingness to take leadership positions that give them opportunities to communicate and engage individuals, as well as local and global communities, on climate change issues and solutions.
Candidates must be nominated by a faculty or professional staff member at NC State who is willing to mentor the candidate and work with the candidate to identify an internship experience.
Each application will include three parts:
- Scholar Application Form
- Candidate’s Resume (uploaded on the Scholar Application Form)
- Faculty Nomination Form
Applications for the 2022 cohort have closed. The next application cycle will begin in September 2022.
Each application will undergo internal review by a selection committee (organized by KIETS). Highly ranked applications will demonstrate:
- Candidate’s strong academic performance
- Candidate’s preparedness for an internship in a professional setting
- Candidate’s leadership experience and potential (e.g., participation in school and community activities, specific goals for future involvement especially in leadership roles)
- Candidate’s commitment to seeking climate change solutions
- Clear visions for internship goals and potential opportunities
- Strong faculty mentor support for the candidate
- Candidate’s commitment to total engagement in the program
Program finalists will meet with members of the Selection Committee before final decisions are made.
You can find more information about the program in the KIETS Climate Leaders Program Guidelines.